Inmarsat FleetBroadband Airtime
Choose your own personal plan...
Choose From the following Price Plans:
|Plan||Monthly Subscription||MB's Included||Mins Included||MB Rate||Minimum Duration|
|250MB (2016)||$1,372.50||250||n/a||$5.49/MB||12 months|
|1GB||$1,784.25||1,024||n/a||$1.74 /MB||12 months|
Usage rates are charged as below...
|Plan||Voice to Fixed||Voice to Cellular||Voice to BGAN/FB/SB/Voicemail per min||SMS (per msg)|
Flexible "Money Bundles" - Ideal for Higher Use Leisure/Seasonal Users
Inmarsat have a very valuable "money bundle" option for the higher spend seasonal user. Effectively you can pre-pay the 12/24 month plans for up to 12 months in advance, and in return acquire the entire prepaid usage throughout the period.
For example. Prepay the 75/250MB tariff for 12 months, ie pay 12x the monthly charge today, and this gives you 12x 75MB = 0.9GB or 12x 250MB = 3GB of data to use anytime over the next 12 months.
- Users who need a large amount of data for just a few months here or there (not necessarily over 12 months, eg it's the cheapest way to buy 2.4GB of data to use in just the first month)
- Users who need occasional large amounts of data, intermittently across the year. Eg leisure customers typically use "lots" while at sea, eg a few months of the year, but much less when near shore.
- Users who don't want to feel "committed" to a 12 month contract. This plan gives you "a bunch of prepaid data", which you can use as and when you like over the next (say) 12 months.
There is an Online Billing Portal for all our FleetBroadband customers to use. This feature enables the user to track their usage and spend limits on a regular basis, to avoid bill shock at the end of the month!
teleport-proxy - Web Compression
MailASail have developed their own web-compressing Proxy to help customers streamline their connection and cut data usage by up to 1/5!
Once installed, the teleport-proxy works quietly in the background to cut out all those extra adverts and heavily loaded graphics, so that you can load up web pages much faster and see a much lower bill at the end of the month!
FleetBroadband Data Charging
Data usage is billed in the following way:
- A Call Record (CDR) is generated:
- Every 12 hours since the Data Session is started
- When the Data Session is terminated
- Each Call Record will show the number of Bytes of data used, both inbound and outbound. A minimum of 50KB will be charged for both In and Outbound directions (ie there is at least a 100KB minimum charge for each call record)
- The Data Session will terminate after 12 hours idle time with no data being transferred (eg computer completely unplugged). Be aware that the computers' background activity (when plugged in) will normally be sufficient to keep the connection alive and prevent the connection disconnecting, and only physically unplugging the data cable will enable it to register as completely idle.
The implications are that for most users the following process will be the most efficient way to use the FleetBroadband:
- Start a data session manually when you are ready to use the internet (eg via the handset, select "BGAN", then "Standard Session", then Connect)
- Use the internet
- Disconnect the cable from the computer when the internet is not intentionally in use (this will help prevent any accidental charges being incurred due to background programs "updating" themselves)
- Leave the FleetBroadband powered on and don't disconnect the data session if you expect that you might use the internet within 12 hours (the session should time out automatically if in fact you don't use it)
This process will usually minimise the number of Data Sessions appearing on your bill, and hence minimise the number of "minimum charges" incurred