How does Prepaid Airtime work? Build your own personal plan....
Two airtime balances are required for your Iridium phone to work:
- Minutes - Your calling time available. Its a flat fee to call almost anyone, including internet calls.
- Line Rental - How long your sim is active for.
Topups are purchased by way of prepaid vouchers. All topups are cumulative and increase your existing balance.
|Minutes||Line Rental||Price/min||Price||Money Saved|
|75 min||+||1 month||$1.50||$161.50||-|
|500 min||+||12 months||$1.50||$835||$503|
|3,000 min||+||24 months||$1.05||$3,150||$2,526|
|5,000 min||+||24 months||$0.90||$4,500||$4,176|
Prices are quoted in US Dollars
See how our flexible prepaid topup plans allow you to purchase exactly what you need.
Prepaid Airtime Notes
- The telephone number for prepaid SIM cards is only allocated when the SIM is activated (and airtime added to it)
- If the airtime runs out then you will no longer be able to make chargeable calls (e.g. you can still make free calls to check your balance or call customer services and request an emergency top-up)
- If the line rental runs out then all remaining minutes will be lost immediately (i.e. please ensure that you purchase additional line rental before any remaining minutes expire if you wish to keep them).
- Once the line rental has run out you will no longer be able to make any calls using that SIM card. i.e. the card is deactivated from the Iridium network
- All prices are excluding VAT unless otherwise noted.
Apply for an Iridium Prepaid Airtime account
We operate a very flexible scheme for prepaid airtime. Please complete and return the prepaid airtime forms and in return we will send out a prepaid Iridium SIM card. Note that we will NOT normally charge you at that point for airtime. The idea is to get the paperwork sorted in advance - then you simply phone/fax/email your order to us at the point you need the airtime activating.
We find this flexible scheme to be very helpful in avoiding customers trying to buy airtime at the last minute when it can be very hard to get SIM cards sent out to them in the time needed. With this method you can have the SIM card early and then you have the option to activate whenever it's needed (and customers often find themselves outside of cell phone range sooner than they expect and hence having the Iridium ready to go means that it's very easy to switch over if required)
Please simply complete and return the attached airtime forms to obtain an Iridium pre-paid SIM (and please also drop us a courtesy email at the same time)
- Click here for more on How to order your Iridium prepaid airtime vouchers
- Iridium Prepaid Airtime Agreement Forms (PDF)
MailASail also offer Iridium PostPaid airtime plans. To find out more please go to our Iridium PostPaid airtime pages.
Prepaid "Small Print"
Iridium airtime is deducted at a minimum of 20 seconds and 20 second increments thereafter. All billing is rounded up.
- ISU to PSTN Voice = 60 units per minute
- ISU to ISU = 30 units per minute
- ISU to Other Sat Network Voice = 540 units per minute
- ISU to Voice Mailbox = 30 units per minute
- ISU to PSTN Data = 60 units per minute
- ISU to ISU Data = 60 units per minute
- ISU to Other Sat Network Data = 540 units per minute
- Mobile-Originated SMS = 6 units per message
- PSTN to ISU Direct Dial = 0 units per minute
- PSTN to ISU 2-Stage Dialing = 60 units per minute