Below are some links we think might be of interest to MailASail customers. Please Note: these links are to external websites and the content is outside of our control!
Cruising Websites & Magazines
- http://www.worldcruising.com - Organisers of the ARC transatlantic event
- http://www.noonsite.com - Big cruising site run by Jimmy Cornell
- http://www.yachtingworld.com - Yachting World is the world's most international and oldest yachting magazine and has a close association with the ARC. There are regular features on long distance sailing including a major annual equipment report based on the ARC
- http://www.ybw.com - Yachting and Boating World's website. Of particular interest are the web forums, especially the "Liveaboard" forum
- http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk - The UK's No1 Marine Trade Website
- http://www.allatsea.co.uk - Britain's most read waterfront newspaper
http://www.TVYachts.com - Broadcasting on the Something TV IPTV set-top box to television services in the UK and online to anyone in the world with a broadband connection at www.TVYachts.com, the channel showcases races from around the world, interviews, footage from boat shows and boats that are for sale
http://www.seaknots.com - Social network for cruisers
- http://www.admiralyacht.com - Insure with confidence with Admiral Boat Insurance. A uniquely tailored high quality policy and a comprehensive understanding of yacht owners’ needs are the foundations of Admiral’s proven track record.
- http://weather.mailasail.com/Franks-Weather - Frank Singleton offers a huge collection of weather links and useful information on interpreting weather data
- http://www.ktyyachts.com - Training for blue water and coastal sailors in MCA, RYA and ISAF survival, first aid, medical, navigation theory and practical courses.
- http://yachtcom.co.uk - Communications training, especially in SSB & VHF
Rob runs more than just a simple training school, but has actually been on his own world adventure and has now returned to build a training service helping people with setting up their boats and developing skills and confidence to sail offshore
- - http://www.hamble.co.uk - Hamble School of Yachting
Established for 30 years Hamble School of Yachting has gained a first class reputation for providing high quality training to yachtsmen at all ability levels. The School runs the full range of RYA courses and MCA/STCW courses which are ideal for the blue water cruiser.
Build your own boat
Richard Woods Designs
- http://www.mactrashop.co.uk/marine-equipment-schenker-watermakers.htm - The new Schenker Watermaker Distributor for the UK and also general bluewater cruising equipment.
- http://www.eset.com/ - The usual big names like Norton and McAfee are real heavyweights these days. Try NOD32 for a super fast and easy to use virus scanner which is extremely light on resources required
- http://free.grisoft.com/ - For those on a budget try this free version of the AVG antivirus software (home users only)
Sites and Events Sponsored by MailASail
- http://www.mercurychallenge.mod.uk/ - MailASail is providing email services to Exercise Mercury Challenge, a major British Army Sailing expedition. Taking place between June 2006 and June 2007, the expedition will see more than 100 serving members of the Royal Corps of Signals taking part in a circumnavigation of the globe on a Challenge 67 yacht.