Install the Wifi Bat Software:
Windows 7 - Easy Setup, no extra software installation!
- Plug your Wifi Bat into a USB port.
- Wait for software to install automatically.
Windows 7, Vista, XP - Standard Setup
- Go to http://www.wifi-bat.com, click on Downloads in the menu. Under ‘Wifi Bat High Power USB Wifi’, select the driver for Windows operating systems.
- Choose Run.
- A new window will open titled ‘Ralink Wireless LAN - Install Shield Wizard’.
Note this step is important! - We now has 2 options to proceed
Option 1: Basic Users - Install Driver and Ralink WLAN Utility
- Select Install Driver and Ralink WLAN Utility to set up with the Ralink Utility.
Why Use the Ralink Utility to view and connect to wireless networks?
|Lots of Information about available networks.|
|Accurate Signal strength measurements.|
|Manual refresh of available networks.|
|Live performance measurements - Establish best positioning.|
Option 2: Advanced Users Only - Install Driver Only
- Select Install Driver Only to use setup without installing the Ralink Utility Alternatively use the normal Windows Wifi configuration features.'''
|You will find it helpful to turn off your built in Wifi.|
|Open the Windows wireless network connection dialog.|
|Select and connect to your preferred wireless network as normal.|
- Click Install, then Click Finish.
- Plug your Wifi Bat USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
- The Ralink Utility will automatically open if installed (Fig 2). If it doesn’t open automatically, go to the the Start menu, click on All Programs|Ralink WLAN.
Connect to Wireless Networks Using the Ralink Utility:
Step 1 of 6
Click on Available Networks and Link Information to display all available networks and signal strength.
Step 2 of 6
Select a network from the list
Step 3 of 6
This will open a new dialogue box to begin Authentication (Image below).
Step 4 of 6
Click the Green Right Arrow to proceed to the next step
Step 5 of 6
Enter network password will appear as ******* and Click Green Right Arrow to proceed to the next step
Step 6 of 6
Having successfully authenticated using your password
Observe signal strength fluctuations as the antenna position is altered.