Install the Modem
From the "Control Panel | Phone and Modems" screen
- add a new modem.
- Choose the generic "9,600 baud modem" (the slower speed does seem to be important - most Mini-M units will only communicate at 9,600 baud)
- Choose the COM port which the unit is on (if it's a serial to usb adaptor then check the Windows Device Manager for the COM port number)
Setup a Dialup Connection to the Internet
Basically setup a normal dialup connection
- From the Network Connections control panel applet
- Remove any connections which aren't working!
- Create a new dialup connection
- Tel number: 28
- Username: inmarsat
- Password: inmarsat