We are looking for a web application developer to join our multi-talented team. Are you interested in working with the latest web and mobile technologies, building exciting user focused applications? Then we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Application Developer
Raynes Park, South London
22-35K depending on experience
MailASail is a leading retailer and solutions provider in the satellite telecommunications industry. We build unique solutions for individuals and business travellers, communicating from remote locations using expensive and speed constrained communications, frequently satellite based systems.
We are looking for a web application developer to join our team. The initial role is to design, build and deliver an advanced, but simple to use, HTML5 based web interface for our customer facing services.
- 3+ years of relevant experience building web based systems
- Portfolio of work, preferably online
- Strong human interface design skills
- Good knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 techniques and workarounds for older browsers
- Strong proficiency in Ruby on Rails (and opinions on associated full stack of services)
- Experience producing and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience of using online payment providers (ideally Sagepay)
- Familiarity with unix for development/deployment (OSX/Linux only)
- Ability to research problems and propose novel solutions (think outside of the box)
- Experience of using HTML5 to build single page apps and mobile interfaces
- Experience with integrating Google Maps
- Git SCM and deployment techniques leveraging Git.
- Experience with MySQL, Perl, Asterisk PBX
You will be expected to hit the ground running and build on a rapid release and iteration cycle. You will need to work independently and you will be responsible for overall design of the application and ideally to build and drive the choice of implementation/deployment solution. The applications are novel and you will need to be a good problem solver to design solutions which are both powerful, but simple to use.